Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

14 Dec 2011

Leanne Day 1

I had a phone call on Sunday afternoon.




"Hello, my name is Leanne. I got your name from my friend, and both of my children 
go to the same school where your children go.  I am wondering if Reiki works
for my condition."




I can not remember her words in detail, but she seems to be in a serious condition.


- Fighting a breast cancer.
- Just got out from the hospital.
- Isn't able to put any weight on one of her leg, so difficult to walk around.




I thought,
"My goodness, she is facing to something really serious, but her voice is
so calm and peaceful...."


 I had no plan on the same evening, so I said,
"I can come tonight if you would like to ?"


It seemed like a big surprise to her, 
"T, Tonight ???" but she was grateful.


When I got there, she was in the bed, the hospital bed, in their living room. She turned her head towards me and we both greeted each other.
She looked familiar to me as I have probably walked by her when I dropped off/picked up 
my children from the school.


She was in more serious condition than I had imagined. She explained that she is in 
a stage 4, cancer metastasis to the bone, and that is causing the pain when 
she tried to walk.




I explained to her what is Reiki, how Reiki works, and I mentioned to her that
we both need a good commitment for this treatments, everyday, if not 5 days/week.




I started Reiki on her head, and moved my hands on her shoulders.  Her left arm
is being very weak, so I wanted to reach to the spot, but I couldn't.




Doing Reiki treatment in the hospital, or on the hospital bed is one of the big challenge
for Reiki practitioners.  
The hospital bed is,,,
-Hard to go around the bed so easily
-Too wide to reach to the body
-The head/base boards are sticking up high,so it is hard to reach to the head from the head side, or feet side.
-Hard to tuck the knees under the bed, so I have to stretch my arms to the body


These are some of the main difficulties of doing Reiki on the hospital beds.


But there are few good things about the hospital bed.
Automatic recliner, and we can change the hight of the bed, too.


Also, the good thing is, I am flexible !!!
If I can not tuck my knees under the bed, I open up my legs 180 degree to get closer
to the bed!  Hah, my gymnastics background comes handy!




For her first reiki treatment, the phone rang few times, dish washer was going, 
Christmas music was on, her two curious children were peeking
from up the stairs, so she was in-out the sleeping and awaking. 




Anyways, after we finished her 1st Reiki treatment, she was amazed.


She said,
"I could feel the energy going around inside of the body, and hitting the certain spots. 
It sounds strange, but sometime my arm felt achy because of the energy flow. I have never
experienced something like this."





I felt like there is a hope.




continue to Day 2.